Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Owen Pallett

A few years ago, a friend visiting from London told me to check out this band called Final Fantasy on his iPod. I was a bit turned off (because i didn't like the band name). But my eyes lit up when he said Final Fantasy is Owen Pallett "this dude who plays violins in Arcade Fire".

So I came home and read Owen Pallett's wiki page. Sounds quite impressive - Arcade Fire, Beirut, Grizzly Bear, Arctic Monkeys, Do Make Say Think, mika. And he even won a Polaris!

So here is a video of him covering No Cars Go. But we can't call it a cover because technically, he is/was in Arcade Fire. But still, this is good.



ps: no one should ever really attempt to cover arcade fire unless of course, you are arcade fire (or god).
pps: cross posted on my own facebook page.



Listening to Arcade Fire always brings me back to 2004/05.
it's been a while.
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home