Sunday, March 26, 2006

Time My Cruel Friend.

It was a dark, rainy night.

No, of course it wasn't. It would be great if it was though. It only happens in composition tests and exams, where the given phrase would kick start the path to doom. Oh no. The powers that be are recollecting memories I've long stashed away. I can almost feel it. The ambition i had to write immaculately detailed essays, not leaving a tear out of the 'emotions' i welled inside the silo of my teenage soul, only to be given a C for my O levels. I would settle for a C in mathematics or my second language anytime. But not English. It is something I've taken pride in, sort of a manifesto, a change i could contribute to a ethnic race I'm not particular in favour with. Shit does happen of course. Disappointment is something i've grown accustomed to. I'm so used to it to the point that I'm bored by it. It branches even further from the exam i sat for almost a decade ago.
Expectations and disappointments have become sort of a dynamic duo. Batman and Robin. Lone Ranger and Tonto. Green Hornet and Kaito. The Shokubutsu facial wash and the body scrub package. So i figured, since i can't have that particular Shokubutsu Orange peel facial wash without buying the shower cream, which i already have, then be it. And thanks to this brave attitude, the weight of having great weekends have lightened. Gone are the expectations of wonderful Saturdays with mates, laughing on and maybe, just maybe have an elbow rubbed with random girls, because like the exams, they never turn out right. It's always a blank, clueless night and an expensive cab ride home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home